29 October 2007

Red Sox win... and some perspective


So I'm bleary-eyed and basking in the euphoria of watching my favorite team since I can remember win the World Series in convincing fashion.

And for some reason all I can think about is the character and courage of the two standouts from the clincher - Jon Lester, the winning pitcher, and Mike Lowell, the World Series MVP.

Jon Lester was wrapping up chemotherapy less than a year ago. Mike Lowell is also a cancer survivor who had a big scare a few years back. World Series wins mean a lot to the fans and I'll bet they mean a lot more to the players. But somehow I think these two guys keep things pretty well in perspective.

So congrats to the Sox and I'll be smiling all winter - but for some reason this one seems a little more special.

1 comment:

PunditMom said...

I'm so happy for you that your Red Sox won! Hey, are you getting any free furniture! ;) I hope the guy in Boston who made that offer had insurance to cover this outcome!